Chloe Stem Cards

Hi everyone....here are some cards I posted recently at Love is in the Details.  
Lori sent me the Chloe Stem die from Memory Box to play with and I love it's timeless simplicity.  I've been noticing a thing with die cuts lately, where they are being inserted back into the negative shape they were cut from, so they lay flush with the paper.  Not such a huge difference from simply laying a die cut onto a background paper, but neat technique nonetheless.

Here's a quick how-to...
I started by taping the die into position over three coordinating papers.  (You do have the run the plates back and forth through the die cut machine several times to cut right through all the layers.)
And one cut from a plain card. 
Then I started mixing and matching the die cuts with the negatives that were left and inserting the dies into the other openings.
For this card, I backed the opening with a piece of colored cardstock and laid a 2nd colored die cut on top.  Variety is the spice, right?
So fun and easy, with tons of options for something a little different every time!  
Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts