Watercolor cards and a Layout...

In the spirit of cleaning off the scrap table and moving on to newer things, here's a couple more cards to show you.  And a layout that's more recent.  The cards, I did for Love is in the Details to demonstrate some fun watercolor techniques.

This first one actually inspired the second.  Lori sent me this stamp from JustRite Stamps, of a floral design against a text background.  Something I just can't get enough of...text backgrounds, text details, text anything.  I stamped the image onto watercolor paper, and then used my Tim Holtz distress markers to color puddles on my craft mat which I then dipped into with the Tim Holtz water brushes.  It's a great style of stamp, and technique for producing "master artist" quality results.  Some distress inking around the edges completes the look.
So, that was pretty fun.  And it led to thinking of other ways to get a similar look, like stamping right on text paper!  And again, coloring with Tim's Distress Markers.  Kinda, really fell in love with this look and I know I'll be trying it again!
And now for a layout.  This was done recently for the Love blog and I used Elle's Studio paper, a Fancy Pants paper bag, Simple Stories journal block, Basic Grey (Kneehighs and Bowties) die cuts and chipboard, Jillibean Soup alpha stickers, a Lawn Fawn phrase stamp (flying by to say hi!), Mr Huey spray ink and a Papertrey die.  
 

Thanks for stopping by today!


Comments

Popular Posts