Stamptember Fun!

It's Stamptember!  Did you know?

And I was one of the lucky instagramers who was sent some happy mail from Simon Says Stamps to play with leading up to their big product reveal and release!

This week I got a chance to play.  After setting up my temporary scrap "studio" in the one corner of the construction site that is our summer cottage, (and I'm not kidding about being under construction.  We have electricity.  But that's all.  Oh yes, and water does come out of one tap, but it doesn't yet have anywhere to go.  All in good time) I sat down with my inks, stamps and glue.

Here are four cards I made with the Presents and Ornaments stamp set just released by Simon Says Stamp.  And yes, it's a bit early for the whole Christmas card thing, but you have to seize the day.  Or make hay.  Or something!


For this card, I mixed stamped images with 4 different metallic embossing powders as well as two different shades of perfect pearls.  Love that subtle shimmer!
Unfortunately, since I'm gone from home this summer, I don't have all my supplies on hand.  Four large Rubbermaid bins and Mr B might say, this isn't ALL your supplies??  But, nope.  So I was limited to using my Distress inks for this stamp, which aren't really their strength, but with some artful coloring in with a distress marker of the same color, it's all good.
Even though Presents and Ornaments is predominately a Christmas stamp set, I think it will be very versatile for other occasions too!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. How fun to get FREEBIES! You did an amazing job using the products!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts