MFT - Camp Create...

Hi friends!  I have some cards to share today, cards I made this past week while waiting for the rain to  go away and the sun to come out and play.  Turns out cold, wet weather is good for getting creative, and maybe a bit appropriate since we "went to camp".  


MFT hosted their 2nd Camp Create with fun challenges all week long.  Here are what they inspired!

The first challenge was Fantastic Foiling. I finally tried my multi-layered stamp set, Vintage Florals from Altenew, and gold embossed the final detail layer.  




On Day 2, we tried Coloring on Kraft.  I was so inspired by using a white Sharpie paint pen to color, that I couldn't stop at just one!  For these cards I used stamps from Penny Black and Simon Says Stamp.  




On Day 3 we did some paper intarsia - Inlaid Made Easy.  I die cut the letters for "happy" from various pieces of colored paper using the Bookprint Alphabet from Papertrey Ink, and nestled them into each other and into the kraft card front.




On Day 4 we did some Magnificent Masking and I got to try my new Bed of Roses die.  I cut a stencil with this Ellen Hutson die and then smoothed pink tinted molding paste onto the card front.  The rose and leaf die cut are stamped images colored with Prima watercolor pencils and painted with a water brush.  A Kristina Werner handwritten sentiment from Simon Says Stamp finishes it off.



And finally, day 5, we did some coloring for Background Bonanza!  I used the Persian Motif stamp set from Altenew to stamp and heat emboss with gold.  Then I colored the images with Copics.  I kept it simple with a Papertrey Ink Botanical Blocks II sentiment on a little flag strip.


These were some super fun challenges that got me pulling out some supplies that have lain neglected too long.  Thanks to My Favorite Things for a fun "camp experience"!!




Comments

Popular Posts