It's beginning to look...

a lot like fall in these parts!  It seems like the leaves turn color overnight!  So that, along with a new shipment of stamp sets from Jane's Doodles, which included a set of lovely fall leaves with a Thanksgiving theme, made me want to make some fall cards!
I began by stamping a sheet of watercolor paper with an indistinct text stamp and heat embossed with clear ink.  Then I stamped the leaves all over and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.  Next, I randomly and loosely painted fall colors on and around the leaves letting the water do the magic with blending the colors.
Once the paper was dry, I cut it in half diagonally and created these cards with the painted paper and some matching patterned paper.

I also stamped each of the leaves on a variety of colored card stocks, enhanced them with some similar colors of Copic markers and cut them out.  They make lovely little embellishments for cards or scrapbook layouts and I know I'll be using them a lot!


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. I love the gold embossed leaves against the text background! Fall is my favorite season and I'm having fun creating with it's warm hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther! Fall really is so beautiful, isn't it!

      Delete
  2. Love your autumn cards. Thanks for sharing your creative idea with the watercolor paper. It is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts