Love is in the air....

Hi there!  I'm sharing this Valentine's Day card on the Jane's Doodles blog today and wanted to show you some behind-the-scenes over here.



I used the Stinks stamp set to stamp the tree, skunk and some hearts, and the Pucker Up stamp set to stamp the sentiment and a few more hearts.  



I cut the tree and skunk from Post-it paper and layered it over my stamped images, and painted masking fluid over the hearts so that I could blend the ink for sky and grass over all.  Once the masking fluid dries, you can ink right over top with no worries, then use a rubber adhesive remover or eraser to rub the Friskit off.  After this project, I decided I need to spend some time working on my ink blending skills!  I'm clearly no Laura Bassen!  


All of the coloring is done with Copic markers.  Those leaves were fun to color, lemme tell you.  I got to use a whollllle bunch of colors and that always makes me happy!


After coloring the hearts, I covered them with Glossy Accents and let that dry.  Hard to capture in a photo as you can see, but it's cool in real life.  I intended this to be a one layer card, but in the end decided it needed just the pop that the strip of plaid paper provides.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

Popular Posts