Watercolor Pencils revisited...

Hello, hi!  It's good to be back on the blog after a holiday break and back with a bang!  Two posts in one day!  Check back shortly for a Jane's Doodles card post.

But lets start with a new set of watercolor pencils!  These are the AquaBlend pencils by Spectrum Noir and I used the Primaries set for my cards today.  (Available in the LiitD store.)


Before I show you the cards, let me share a colored sample of all the watercolor pencil brands I own. I found the three brands on the right to be close to equal in terms of coverage and richness of pigment.  My oldest pencils - the Derwent brand - are now my least favorite, with these other options to choose from.  Faber Castell are my most favorite but the Spectrum Noir that I'm using today are a very, very close second.


Three of these cards are made with watercolored panels from Taylored Expressions, and the one on the top right is painted using the Tonic Studio Nuvo Aqua-Wash brushes.  (They are fun too...more about them in a future post).


Here are each of the cards close up, beginning with the waterbrush-styled painted card.


Rainbow coloring and painting is always fun!


....as are ombre designs.


And finally just a fun, all-colors birthday card.


The photo below shows most of the supplies I used, and you can get more details and info over at the Love is in the Details blog as well.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day!


SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts