Spellbinders love....

Time for some florals again I think!  I recently received some Spellbinders dies to try and Mama Mia! they are sweet!  


I started by die cutting them with an extra layer of cardstock below to really make the impressions stand out and I tried a variety of techniques for coloring them, from sponging on ink with ink daubers, to coloring with watercolor pencils, to painting with distress inks.  (My actual watercolor inks are right over there, I don't know why I don't just reach for them?!)

Here are the cards that came together with the various dies and die cuts.


I love this soft, sweet result that you get with ink and daubers.  I also used the Spellbinders Petite Pennants die to cut the fish-tail tag for the sentiment ( Find Beauty - Technique Tuesday).


For both these 1st and 2nd cards, I used the Die D-Lites Corner Poppies Etched Dies.  


For this card, I die-cut the poppies from watercolor paper, then used my Faber Castell watercolor pencils to color them before painting them with a water brush.  Once dry, I loosely defined the shapes with a Copic liner pen.



This last card uses the Shapabilities Poppies Etched Dies, and I colored and painted them in the same way as the card above.  Both cards have the sentiments stamped on these label shapes from Spellbinders, with sentiments stamps from Papertrey Ink and Technique Tuesday.


Thank you to Spellbinders for the dies to play with!!  And thank you for stopping by today!



Comments

Popular Posts