Spellbinders - Debi Adams Getting All Mushy...

Hi everyone!  I'm back again with another post from my guest blogger gig over at Spellbinders last week!  Today I have some cards to share that I made with the Debi Adams Perfect Match Getting All Mushy stamp and die set!  

Have I told you my mushroom story?  So, years ago, when we still spent our summers in our tear-down of a cottage, with it's added on bit here, and long-ago-patched-up bit there, we had one VERY rainy summer.  We get our share of rain every summer, but this one year was so rainy that the level of the lake rose about 8"!  And with a roof that leaked as freely as ours did, we actually had a patch of mushrooms growing INSIDE the sun porch!  Or, was it the rain porch?!  True story.  


Once again, I had a lot of fun stamping, coloring and creating these cards.  The combination of the simple hand-drawn designs with the cute and clever puns produces cards that are charming and silly and will bring a smile to the face of any recipient!




This card was created by stamping the images onto watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink, coloring them with Faber Castell watercolor pencils and painting them with a water brush then die cutting them with the coordinating dies.  I stamped the sentiment onto more watercolor paper and cut it to make a fish-tail banner.  I wanted to layer the sentiment over top of the mushrooms without hiding too much of them underneath the banner, so I cut the stems and "grew" them taller by tucking the tops and bottom pieces in under the banner.



This next card got the rainbow treatment!  And why not, after all?  If red polka-dotted mushrooms are a real life thing, then maybe blue and green ones exist somewhere too??  After coloring and die cutting these images, I adhered them in a row along the bottom of the card panel, with some hearts floating off into the air, and a pen-stitched line drawn along the bottom to anchor the mushrooms.  I added the stamped sentiment along the bottom and let that be enough.



The last card is a miniature scene created by stamping the mushrooms on masking paper, and masking them off so that the tall mushroom could tuck in behind the big red one and so that after they were all colored (in more traditional mushroom colors) they could all be masked and Ranger Distress Oxide ink could be blended in the background.  I added a line of grass with a Copic Multiliner pen to "ground" the images and create a separation between the images and the sentiment.  I spritzed water droplets on the blended background and daubed them off with paper towel to create the lighter colored splotches.   Finally, I cut two thin strips of grey cardstock and adhered them over two corners to give the appearance of photo holders.

I had so much fun with this stamp set and look forward to sharing these cards with others!  But wait!  There's more!  Be sure to check back in a couple of days for my last blog post with the Perfect Match Collection by Debi Adams from Spellbinders!

Thanks for stopping by today!







Comments

Popular Posts